The Chamber is a voluntary, non-political organisation of members, working together for the further development and interests of business in the Porthcawl district through:
● Discussion of matters brought to the attention of the Chamber by its members.
● Discussion and negotiation with neighbouring Chambers of Trade.
● Discussion and negotiation with the local authority through its officers and members.
The Chamber’s history relates back to the beginning of the 20th century.
Over recent years a working relationship has built up with Porthcawl Town Council, Bridgend County Borough Council and the Welsh Assembly Government.
The Chamber works with Porthcawl Town Council looking at ways of attracting visitors to the town andassisting with Council projects through representation on the council’s Tourism and Events Committee.
The Chamber works with the Bridgend County Borough Council with a representative on the Porthcawl Regeneration Forum.
Past Chamber projects include:
- Promoting Porthcawl on Bridge FM Radio,
- Setting up and launching the Porthcawl Loyalty Card,
- Running Christmas Window Competition
- Setting up this Chamber of Trade website
- Setting up the Porthcawl Direct Website
- Porthcawl Summer Festival 2015 – 2016 – 2017 – 2018
- Porthcawl Christmas Winter Wonderland 2015 – 2016 -2017
- Chamber of Trade Porthcawl Christmas Cracker Event 2018
There are members of the chamber that work very hard giving their time free of charge to make the Chamber an organisation we can be proud.
With out these members the Chamber would not exist.
The Chamber is an organisation of people and not a business or company.
Any member can get involved if they wish, the more that do the better the result.
The Chamber’s elected Officers 2019
Chamber President: Michelle Smith
Vice President: Gareth Charnock
Chamber Treasurer: Alun Edwards
Chamber Secretory: Bridget Hall
Chamber Representative: Bridget HallE-mail: Bridget@porthcawlchamberoftrade.co.uk
Website Administrator: Alun Edwards
General Enquiries: Bridget Hall
Independent Examiner of Accounts:
Ceri Millar & Co. Well Street Porthcawl.
Executive Committee 2019-20:
YMCA: John Berry (elected 2019 to 2022)
Carpet Care Wales: Alun Edwards (elected 2017 to 2020)
RCL Computing: Robert Lee (elected 2019 to 2022)
PM Well Street: Mark Morgan (elected 2019 to 2022)
Sea View Guest House: Les Tallon-Morris (elected 2017 to 2020)
Honorary Life Member : Peter Fenton (elected 2019 to 2022)