What We Do
Porthcawl Chamber of Trade is a voluntary, non-political organisation of members, working together for the interest and development of businesses in Porthcawl. The Chamber’s history relates back to the beginning of the 20th century and, over recent years, a working relationship has been forged with Porthcawl Town Council, Bridgend County Borough Council and the Welsh Government.
New members always welcome bringing their ideas and energy to the team.
Benefits of membership include:
- Digital promotion on various social media.
- Benefitting from the Chamber’s Influence with both Town and Borough Councils.
- An opportunity to put ideas forward for the benefit of your business and the Town.
- Topical discussions and guest speakers, for example, Sarah Murphy MS who updated us on Porthcawl regeneration, and noted our concerns.
- Access to advice on funding, and other information available that could support your business. This has been particularly helpful to traders during Covid, with current information relating to grants, PPE, signage with free sanitiser passed to members regularly.
- Availability of courses and initiatives run by BCBC and other organisations that could help your business.
- Running street events in partnership with Porthcawl Town Council (forthcoming Jubilee, Christmas window competition, etc).
- Providing Christmas trees to shops, supported by Bridgend County Borough Council.
- Joining together for fun and socials.
The Chamber’s Elected Officers for 2021/22
Please Support Your Local Community and Join
Contact our Secretary for details: firstname.lastname@example.org or click the button below