Minutes 12 Sept 2023


TUESDAY Sept 12th 2023, 6.45PM THE GREEN ROOM, above SUSSED

Present: Margaret Minhinnick, (President), Alun Edwards(Treasurer), Jon Hurley.

Apologies for absence: Elen Jones(Vice-President) Gemma Christie

Approval of the Minutes and matter arising: All agreed they were accurate.

Matters arising: Porthcawl Town sign has been erected in Park Dean indicating the direction people should go. However, the bill from Harris Printers is £60 more than the invoice because they had to reprint the board again because there was an error in the copy. They did not provide a proof, but agreed to pay half of the extra £180 i.e. £60. Alun will pay this week.

Alun said the email server is now fixed. 

Margaret has met a temporary manager at Aldi, to welcome them on behalf of the Chamber. He indicated that the permanent manager is not in post and it would be better to leave it till later.

Margaret said she would follow up with a letter to the Coop manager to see if they would add their logo to our website.

Updates: Margaret said that Steve Flett had suggested that the website has some logo icons of traders who no longer exist and that it would be good to update with new business and link them to their own website. Also create short films with interviews of the independent shops, which could be added.

Alun thought that it would be good for a small team of us to go and meet the shops, and try to encourage their free membership (donations welcome). Jon suggested a flyer could be made explaining more and to leave with the shop. ACTION: Jon to draft an action plan which would explain the idea. 

Correspondence: – we had received 2 Xmas tree quotes for all town centre shops and Andrew Highway BCBC had accepted the one from EPM(£4527.56)

Accounts -update Alun presented.

Lloyds £5056.41

Barclays Community Account. £92.71

Barclays Savings £524.57

TOTAL £5673.69 (outstanding Harris Printers and EPM)

Secretary. Agreed to hold back this post as the bank account has little income and membership is reduced.

Cenin Renewables visit.

Jon provided a great poster which will be added to the website events page and facebook. ACTION. Margaret will also email members via Andrew Highway explaining the plan for car-sharing and social etc. The Seahorse, Suffolk Place was suggested.

Xmas Social. Discussion started on where to hold this event. Rose and Crown, Farmers, The Globe.


Next Meeting: General meeting Y Centre, 17th October 6.45 ACTION Margaret Contact Jayne